UNDER CONSTRUCTION :)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

in loving memory of Heather Christensen

Today marks the one year anniversary of the day Heather Christensen became a hero to so many people.  I wrote about the tragic bus accident on my blog here.  My heart is full when I think about the great sacrifice she made.  She gave her life to save so many others.  I am so grateful to be able to say that I knew her and was able to work with her during my years as a flute player in the American Fork Marching Band.  I can't help but think what if that had been me and my friends on that bus.  After all, it was the flute and clarinet bus that crashed.  2 years earlier and that would have been me.  It hit me a little too close to home.  I still new a few of the kids on that bus.  I can only imagine how much of a hero she is in their eyes.  I'm grateful that she was willing to save the lives of my friends.  I had never realized how important my loved ones and friends were to me until that night.  It made me realize that life isn't permanent.  It can end at any moment.  That night also made me realize how grateful I am for the knowledge that I have that there is life after death.  I am grateful to know that I will be able to see my loved ones again.  Even though I wasn't in the band during this time, this experience still touched my life just as it did for so many others.  It made me realize that I need to live everyday like it's my last, and to treasure my loved ones because we never know when it's someone's last day here on earth.  I'm so grateful that Heather could show me this.  Although tragic and horrible this experience has blessed my life in more than one way.  We love you Heather!  You are my hero.  

No comments: