UNDER CONSTRUCTION :)

Sunday, February 6, 2011

communication w/Him

I didn't die.  I'm here, back from that little sabbatical I took.   I kind of hit a patch of uninspiredness (I'm aware that's not a word.  I make up words all the time.  It's fine).  It's not that I haven't thought about posting... it's just that I didn't know what to write.  But I'm cured for now.

Anyway,
Today in church we talked about how taking the time to pray and read the scriptures is our opportunity to have one on one time with our Heavenly Father.  This concept kind of hit me.  I've never really thought about that a lot before.  It kind of makes me feel bad for not doing it more often.  I'm passing up such an awesome opportunity. I mean how cool is it that we have a way to communicate with Him.  It's amazing as it is that we have somebody there for us always, supporting and helping us in everything we do.  He'll never abandon us and He always knows what's best for us.  It only makes it 10 million times more amazing that we have a way of communicating with Him.

Looking at it in that way motivates me to do what Gordon B. Hinckley once said and "try a little harder to be a little better".

:)

1 comment:

Jessica Kay said...

Wow I needed to read this right now. Thank you so much for posting the most amazing posts!!