UNDER CONSTRUCTION :)

Thursday, December 30, 2010

snow, time, & change

I've been doing a little bit of changing to my blog as you can see.  No, this is not a new thing for me.  In fact it happens quite frequently.  I get bored with things and I have to change them.  I hope nobody minds, although I'll probably still change things even if someone does care.  ha!  Sorry my blog :).

It finally decided to snow.  Now.  After Christmas.  Lame.  We had a green Christmas instead of a white one.   I'm actually kind of excited about the snow.  Usually the thought "dang it, it's snowing" crosses my mind when it snows, but today I am thinking "yes! It's snowing.  Now I can get some gorgeous snow shots with my new camera!".  It's too late to take pictures now... but tomorrow I will for sure.  I might get annoyed with snow and wish it would go away, but there are things I really do love about snow.  I really like big snow flakes that just sort of float slowly down to earth.  I love how peaceful it is.  It's quiet and beautiful.  I love to sit and watch it from my window.  It gives me that feeling of peace even if for just a moment.  It's like a message from God telling me everything will be alright.  I love it.

I don't know if anybody else feels the same, but it doesn't feel like Christmas ever came.  I feel like it is still yet to come.  It came and went so fast my memories of it are sort of a blur.  I also cannot believe that it's almost the year 2011.  How weird.  I seriously feel as if we still should be at the beginning of 2010.  It's strange how the years fly by so fast.  It seems like they go faster and faster with each passing year.  I don't know if this is because I am getting older or if they are seriously just going faster.  I'm sure it's because I'm getting older, and I'm not sure how I like it.  If the years are going by as fast as they are now, then I'll be old before I know it!  Sometimes it scares me how fast time goes by.  I just want to grab it and hold it back, force it to go slower.  I fear running out of time.  I fear change and with time change comes.  Change is the only constant and I really don't like it.  Change on my blog I love ;), but change with other things I don't.  I just get so attached; attached to the way things are comfortable, or the people I am surrounded with.  With change sometimes comes stepping out of my comfort zone, something that I have a hard time with.  I always find a way to accept change, but sometimes I just wish that it wasn't so necessary.

Sorry for all the rambling.  I didn't intend for this post to be so long.

Oh and I'm entering a photo here:

3 comments:

morgan. said...

uhm, did i ever tell you you were a great photographer?

probably like 50 times.

but its okay, i can tell you 51 times.

you're a great photographer.

carlotta cisternas said...

Love that shot! The sunflare is beautiful.

megan ann. said...

:) thanks guys. You're so sweet Morgan!