UNDER CONSTRUCTION :)

Monday, July 14, 2008

sad...

Okay so this post is titled sad for a couple of different reasons. One is that I lost all of my pictures that I actually got around to taking at girls camp. I only took a few on the first day and a couple during the week and some on the last day, but I completely lost them! I put them on the computer (or at least I thought) and them erased them off the card. Then I went back onto the computer to blog about girls camp and when I went to get pictures for my post they were gone! *sigh*...it makes me so sad. One of my young woman leaders is going to put all of the pictures that everyone took on a CD for everyone so at least I will have those. Who knows how long that will take though. And I had a couple of good pictures! Maybe they are still on the computer and I just have to find where they are...ugh...it's all just wishful thinking. Oh well...I'll blog about girls camp tomorrow or something.

Anyway, the second reason this post is titled "sad" is because I just realised tonight that I have to work on Saturday morning! Okay, you are probably wondering why that is so horrible. It's because the AF parade is that morning! You are probably wondering why that is so horrible too lol. I mean come on it is only a parade right? Wrong, it is not just a parade. It has always been special to me...well, at least for the last 3 years. I have marched in that parade in the band and this is the first year in 3 years that I wont be in it. It was always special cause it is my home town parade. I wanted to be able to watch our band march down the street. I wanted to feel the pride that I was once in that band. But, alas I will have to miss it. It is very sad...for me anyway. The rest of my family seems to think I am very strange. They all think I should just go work and earn money. Ugh, I guess this is truly life after high school...work. Eww. I might email my boss anyway and ask her if I might be able to switch with the afternoon person, but I dont know if I want to do that or not. I kind of would rather work in the morning...just cause it isn't as busy it seems like. That and maybe cause there is a parade it won't be so busy either. I am working in Lehi...but still maybe they go to the AF parade too! lol.

Anyway, I will try and get girls camp blogged sometime soon. I really hate blogging trips without pictures...but I am sure I can survive if my leader takes to long to make those CD's. I will have to remind her or ask her about them tomorrow night at young womans.

xoxo,
Megan

3 comments:

Steph said...

I hope you had fun at camp. Sorry about having to work Saturday morning. *hugs*

Regina said...

Dang!! Maybe the pictures will show up...That is so sad about the parade! I would rather go to a parade than work too!

Jen said...

I don't think you are crazy. I LIVE with band people. In fact I married into an AF Band family. (My husband and siblings, walk along the sidewalks with the band to relive the moment!)So, I guess that what I am trying to say is, I understand what you are saying.

The Band is a source of pride, and you as a member have helped make their reputation what it is today. So take pride in that.

As far as working, yeah, that is pretty much the way it is to be a grownup. You'll get another chance to see the parade another time. It won't be that long until you will bring your kids to it and tell them all about it.

Love you!
The OLD hag!:)